“Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
Pastor Steve Aldridge
Email Address: DLFirstBaptistChurch@gmail.com
Address: 300 Central Street East, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
Elder Board: Chris Laudenbach and Bert Hanson
- Prayer Time: 8:30am
- Sunday School: 9am
- Worship Service: 10am
- Adult Bible Study: Learn to read, understand and live out the Word of God.
A phrase that well represents our purpose is “Great Commandment Passion-Great Commission Focus.” Our vision is to work together with a great commandment passion (Loving God – Deut. 6:5;Luke 10:27) to fullfill the great commission (Making Disciples – Matt. 28:19,20).
We want to develop biblical churches that are spiritually alive, culturally relevant, unified in spirit, mobilized for ministry, expressing compassion for the whole person, sensitive to the needs of all people, and aggressive in evangelism and church planting throughout the world. Ultimately, here at First Baptist, we want to be a church that is producing mature, healthy followers of Jesus Christ. We invite you to come worship and grow with us!
We at First Baptist Church of Detroit Lakes are a part of a national association of churches called the Conservative Baptist association of America, or CB America. Our regional (geographic) fellowship is called the North Central Conservative Baptist Association or NCCBA. It includes the states of North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.
- We believe in the accuracy and authority of the word of God (the 66 books of the bible) for all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the one true God who eternally exists in three distinct persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe all people are sinners by nature and by choice. We believe that God offers forgiveness and salvation to anyone who turns to Christ believing in His substitutionary death on the cross, His burial, and His bodily resurrection.
- We believe that baptism by immersion is an act of obedience that follows salvation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will come again to first take up (rapture) His people. He will also judge and rule on the earth. In His time He will create a new heaven and new earth.