“Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
First Baptist of Detroit Lakes I 218.847.4571 I DLFirstBaptistChurch@gmail.com I 300 Central Street East, Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
Sunday: Prayer Time: 8:30am I Sunday School: 9am I Worship Service: 10am
Monday: Prayer Time: 6pm
Wednesday: Kids Cornerstone and Adult Bible Study at 6:30pm
Support Our Church:
Pastor Steve Aldridge
Reverend Steven Robert Aldridge was born and raised in northern California before moving to upstate New York in 1995. After graduating high school in Deposit, NY, he attended Practical Bible College in Johnson City, NY where he obtained his Associates Degree in Counseling. There he met and married Esther Joy Reigle on 1/4/2002. Steven and Esther were blessed with two boys, Dominick James in 2003 and Aidan Matthew in 2005.
Steve happily served his community as the Boys JV Basketball coach at Deposit Central School District for 11 years. Steven felt called to full time ministry while working at a home for troubled youth in Binghamton NY in 2013. He started as Assistant Pastor before being called as Senior Pastor at Sherman Bible Chapel in Deposit, NY. While serving as Senior Pastor, he completed his Bachelor’s degree in Pastoral Studies from Davis College in Johnson City, NY. Pastor Steve also served as Fire Chaplain for 2 years for the Deposit Fire Dept.
Steven was called as Senior Pastor to the First Baptist Church of Detroit Lakes, MN in July 2020 where he is committed to continue faithfully and unapologetically preach the entire inerrant Word of God.
Elder Board: Chris Laudenbach, Pastor Steve and Bert Hanson
A phrase that well represents our purpose is “Great Commandment Passion-Great Commission Focus.” Our vision is to work together with a great commandment passion (Loving God – Deut. 6:5;Luke 10:27) to fullfill the great commission (Making Disciples – Matt. 28:19,20). We want to develop biblical churches that are spiritually alive, culturally relevant, unified in spirit, mobilized for ministry, expressing compassion for the whole person, sensitive to the needs of all people, and aggressive in evangelism and church planting throughout the world. Ultimately, here at First Baptist, we want to be a church that is producing mature, healthy followers of Jesus Christ. We invite you to come worship and grow with us!
We at First Baptist Church of Detroit Lakes are a part of a national association of churches called the Venture Church Network Midwest. It includes the states of North and South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio and Michigan.
- We believe in the accuracy and authority of the word of God (the 66 books of the bible) for all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the one true God who eternally exists in three distinct persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe all people are sinners by nature and by choice. We believe that God offers forgiveness and salvation to anyone who turns to Christ believing in His substitutionary death on the cross, His burial, and His bodily resurrection.
- We believe that baptism by immersion is an act of obedience that follows salvation.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will come again to first take up (rapture) His people. He will also judge and rule on the earth. In His time He will create a new heaven and new earth.